Rails Full Stack Team Lead
Legal Templates is spun out of Taroko.io, a startup incubator based in the heart of Taiwan’s thriving capital city, Taipei. Taroko incubates, launches, and operates a growing library of web and mobile applications used by millions of users worldwide.
We are looking for a Rails Full Stack Team Lead to be a part of our developing product by leading the development team in providing technical expertise support, mentoring, and enhancing the hard skills.
- Lead and guide the development team, providing technical expertise, mentorship, and support.
- Review and suggest code changes to ensure adherence to the latest web development standards, best practices, and design patterns.
- Demonstrate proficiency in code speed tuning, optimizing the application for maximum performance and scalability.
- Conduct code reviews, provide constructive feedback, and mentor team members to improve code quality, readability, and maintainability.
- Collaborate closely with designers, product managers and other developers to ensure seamless integration and smooth functionality of the application.
- Develop and maintain reusable code components, libraries, and style guides for improved efficiency and consistency across projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues, working closely with the development team to ensure timely resolutions.
- Write and maintain comprehensive unit tests to ensure the reliability and stability of the code.
- Lead by example and inspire the team with a strong work ethic, self-motivation, and a drive for excellence in web development.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, project managers, and other cross-functional teams to ensure successful project delivery and alignment with business objectives.
- Undertake any other ad hoc activities related to full stack development and team leadership as required.
- 5+ years as a frontend and backend developer
- Proficiency in developing HTML and CSS (2/3)
- Proficiency in Ruby on rails and other backend technologies
- Your experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostGRESQL) is notable accompanied with an understanding of trade-offs
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms
- Experience converting a finished Photoshop or Illustrator file into clean HTML/CSS and add appropriate JS animations
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Next.js is a plus
- Experience solving cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Experienced in SCRUM and/or Kanban SDLC
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Mentoring and coaching abilities
- Open-mindedness and curiosity
- Excellent communication and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong teamwork and work ethics
- Fluency in English
What We Offer
- Future growth: Optimal time to join our growth story
- Competitive compensation: We ensure that we offer a highly competitive salary
- 15 days paid vacation, 5 days paid sick annually
- Full remote working environment with flexibility to set your own daily schedule
Here at Taroko, we believe wholeheartedly in building a culture of appreciation, respect, inclusion, and fun! We also have a range of perks that (depending on your region) may include: active give-back programs, bring your pet to work options, work from home gift baskets, paid maternity leave, company swag, festival gifts & cash bonuses, and much more.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out — and set you apart — especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
If you are a talented and ambitious Rails Full Stack Team Lead title that’s ready to take your career to the next level, and want to work with a small group of like-minded people, you’ve come to the right place.
Send us your English resume and a brief message explaining why you’re the perfect fit!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Taroko is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.