Legal Templates is looking for a Head of Content to support its ambitious growth strategy. The Head of Content will work closely with the Marketing Director, Content team and fellow cross-functional Managers to develop, inspire and drive our Content strategy, brand narratives, business outcomes, and joint OKRs.
Since 2015, LegalTemplates.net’s platform has helped hundreds of thousands of users save millions in legal fees. Our mission is to democratize and modernize legal services around the globe. Our hybrid operating model helps us hire top talent from across the US, EU, Asia, and beyond, combining a wide range of experience and abilities to form a unique, high performing, hugely diverse team of experts.
As an organization, we’re committed to providing freedom and flexibility that facilitates creative thinking; derestricting rules and reducing bureaucracy; enabling you to take ownership of your scope while collaboratively setting targets and strategies with your peers.
As a business, from day one we’ve delivered year on year growth and we’re only just getting started on tackling a multi-billion dollar global market! If you’re a highly motivated self-starter that’s hungry for success and ready for a new challenge then we would love to hear from you.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the content team by creating an editorial center of excellence that delivers expertise, authority and trustworthiness (E.A.T.) through its content for the legal tech niche – content that’s truly the best on the Internet for our target reader.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to ideate, create and manage SEO driven content strategy in order to disrupt the US legal tech space and grow traffic.
- Screen, interview, hire, onboard and train up all new content team members, nurturing a team of high performing content experts that operate autonomously and effectively within an environment of creative freedom and decentralized decision making
- Leverage 3rd party partnerships to deliver high volume content within budget, managing ongoing relationships while identifying and evaluating new opportunities
- Create efficient editorial processes and best practices to couple with content delivery strategy
- Identify, evaluate and engage with industry legal experts, leveraging expertise to deliver high authority content.
- Review and conduct spot checks on content for accuracy, voice, readability, quality, and relevance.
- Utilize tools such as Google Analytics and SEMrush to determine which keywords content should be optimized for in order to achieve our content goals
- Monitor and analyze market trends to identify opportunities to evolve a differentiated and provocative brand identity and stay ahead of the competition.
- collaborate with marketing team and design resources to ensure consistent brand messages across all user facing content pages
- A minimum of 5+ years in content with at least 3+ years in a strong leadership role driving growth at a high level, ideally within a YMYL niche. You’ve coached and mentored several Content, Editorial, and SEO marketers in their careers.
- You have proven hands-on experience in creating Content products that drive exponential growth.
- You have proven experience managing large budgets.
- You are an expert at creating “hidden gems” within content.
- You are data driven and have proven ability to make decisions on Content through the use of business data
- Experience working with freelancers and partners to create authoritative content.
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to juggle competing demands – you stay organized and know how to prioritize
- Good understanding of content management systems, ability to determine requirements based on the features and functionality of the CMS.
- Experience in the legal industry and a deep understanding of Business documents and contracts is preferred.
What we Offer
- Future growth: Optimal time to join our growth story (right at LegalTemplates’ inflection point)
- Competitive compensation: We ensure that we offer a highly competitive salary
- 15 days paid vacation, 5 days paid sick annually
- Full remote working environment with flexibility to set your own daily schedule
Here at LegalTemplates, we believe wholeheartedly in building a culture of appreciation, respect, inclusion, and fun! We also have a range of perks that (depending on your region) may include: active give-back programs, bring your pet to work options, work from home gift baskets, paid maternity leave, company swag, festival gifts & cash bonuses, and much more.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out — and set you apart — especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
If you are a talented and ambitious Head of Content that’s ready to take your career to the next level, and want to work with a small group of like-minded people, you’ve come to the right place.
Send us your resume and a brief message explaining why you’re the perfect fit!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Legal Templates is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.